Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lily Katherine Spivey

Meet our newest addition, Lily Katherine. We are so in love with her. Here are some pics from the hospital.
Matt and his DAUGHTER...we're still getting used to this.Look how bright eyed she was right after the delivery. Sweet girl.
"Before" pic...this is what nearly 8.5 lbs looks like...I need this for future reference : )
Lily and Mommy
Two excited big brothers.
Her first bow...many more to come : ) I can't believe her hair.
Her cheeks are so scrumptious. Reminds me of Micah.
Micah is so excited! He asks me daily to hold her and kiss her.
I am so overwhelmed by God's goodness in blessing us with her. I love her so so much already...I could just eat her up. Also, He answered so many prayers during the delivery...looking back, I can definitely see how He was in sweet control of the whole process. Here are a few ways that I see His hand in it:
  • My doctor decided to induce 2 weeks early even though an ultrasound a week prior had estimated her weight to only be 6 lbs. 12 oz. It. Was. Wrong. And I beleive the Lord Himself gave my doctor wisdom as she was 8 lbs 5 oz. at 38 weeks.
  • The day of, I was in serious labor before they ever started the pitocin. And I was in pain & worried about how the pitocin would change things. After laboring for 2 hrs (one without pit and one with), I decided it was time for my epidural. I was devastated because I thought I would deliver her at about 4 p.m. like I did both of my boys...so I was really disappointed in myself that I had to go ahead with my epidural. The Lord's hand was in this as well...it took about 30 minutes for them to get there and while in my room, TWO people came to get the anesthesiologist because they were short staffed...
  • Just about 20 minutes after my epidural, she checked me and I was 8 cm!! So, it was almost time...If I had not gotten my epidural when I did, I wouldn't have gotten one. Praise God! Yeesh.
  • I had to roll on my side for 30 minutes to wait on my doctor because he was in another delivery...If I hadn't had the epidural, I wouldn't have been able to wait. So, so thankful.
  • Baby girl was born at 11:01 a.m. My quickest labor and by far my best delivery experience. God truly heard and answered my prayers.

So, thank you to all of you who prayed for me and Lily. We are doing great...I will update with more of her first two weeks home with us asap.


5 comments:

Jennifer McShea said...

Yea for a great delivery!! She really is precious! And I know she will be adored and maybe a little spoiled being the first girl in the house. :)

danielle said...

How precious! I'm praising God with you for all of those answered prayers!
Wish I could hold Lily! :(

Keri said...

Precious! I cannot wait to meet her! So glad your delivery went well!

Hannah Rose said...

Dear Morgan,

I stumbled upon your blog when I googled the name "Lily Katherine." This post was truly special to read. You see, my little girl is named Lily Katherine. The flower and name are so meaningful and significant to me...

When I was 19, I found out I was in an unplanned pregnancy out of wedlock. I had so wanted independence and freedom, yet ironically found myself in bondage. The Lord showed me that this child was a gift and though she was conceived in sin, she was not the sin. He has used her life in mighty, marvelous, beautiful ways. He used her life to bring me back to the Lord. He used her life to heal my family and friendships. From the beginning of my pregnancy, before any doctor told me anything, I knew that my girl was indeed, A GIRL. It was as if God Himself whispered to me: "you are carrying a precious little girl and her name is Lily. Lily means purity and innocence. Though you have sinned, this little life is to be a symbol of your renewed innocence and purity in me." He showed me that He was enough and that I was whiter than snow in the eyes of Christ, because of the blood He shed for me on the Cross. When I was praying about her middle name (I really knew choosing her name was important and it wasn't just supposed to be pretty, but that God had His fingerprint all over it and cared deeply about something as small as a name) I kept coming back to the name Katherine. When I looked up it's meaning, I was amazed to discover it also means purity. Both her names, both mean purity. As if this wasn't beautiful enough...

On March 16, 2010 (two days after my due date) I showed up at the hospital to deliver my little girl, only to find out her heart had stopped beating. I was devastated, yet the Lord brought such peace. I knew that He would speak through her life that EACH life is so precious and valuable to Him. This little girl that never took a breath, never spoke a work, and God used her to bring me back to the Lord! He showed me then that her name took on a whole new meaning. Not only is she a symbol of my renewed purity in Christ, but she will forever be pure and innocent. Spotless. Untainted by the world and sin, never to know pain. She only knows the beauty of Heaven. The love of her family and her Savior. She opened her eyes to see His face.

I'd love to have you check out my blog where I share my journey of my unplanned pregnancy, my loss, and this journey of grief and healing. This is only a very small part of my story. I just wanted to share it with you and I pray you are blessed by it. We both have sweet flowers named Lily Katherine, both born in March, just two years apart. It blesses me to know you are a believer as well! I am assistant to a girl named Claire Culwell, an abortion survivor and Pro-Life speaker who travels around the country to share her story (www.claireculwell.com). I know God is calling me to share my story as well, both in speaking and writing. I have already begun speaking. This is only the beginning of Lily's legacy. There is also a video tribute I made for Lily on my page.

Much love,
Hannah Rose
www.roseandherlily.com

Hannah Rose said...

P.S. I'd love to hear how you named your Lily! :)