Friday, March 19, 2010

We Finished!!!






I know it has been forever...no excuses, though :) We finished the marathon!!!! It was by far one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The Lord answered our prayer and gave us an absolutely beautiful day to run. It was one of our first "springlike" days and we could not stop saying how beautiful it was. I'll give you the rundown...and who knows, maybe some of you will be convinced to run one yourself : )
First of all, it was in New Orleans and it was part of the "Rock and Roll" Marathon series. That meant that EVERY mile there was a band playing! Whaaaat?? It was so cool! There were like 13,000 runners, so to say the atmosphere was awesome would be an understatement. Also, Annie and I decided to pray through the alphabet during the race (26 letters and 26 miles), so at each mile we were talking about what the Lord had put on our hearts to pray for. It was sooooooo encouraging!!! We prayed for friends, family, circumstances, contentment, our children, and the list could go on and on. It was a gorgeous day that just screamed the faithfulness of our God...and He gave us legs and endurance to run for His glory. It was one of the sweetest times in my life...His presence was very near. It was like a breath of fresh air to my heart. So at each mile we were rocking out to a band, discussing our prayer requests, and praying....and then before we knew it there was another band!! It was wonderful : ) At the end of the race they called us out by name and we were both so overcome with joy that we were able to finish that the tears flowed. I know you're not shocked : )
So there it is! I hope you are encouraged...and if you are reading this you are probably a close friend or family member...and we probably prayed for you!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am soooo proud of you!!!! I was telling JK and John the other night you did it and they were both proud considering our "i hate running" conversation years ago!!! Miss you friend!!!

danielle said...

I am so proud of you. You have inspired me to run-maybe not a marathon but nonetheless to run.

Parks Avenue said...

Aww! I just teared up again! What's wrong with me! So sweet though. It was a great race and I look forward to crossing more off our list...!

Demetrius and Amy said...

yay for you guys! how sweet of the Lord that he didn't just allow you to run it but made it a great worship filled time. as jayden would say "dats berry cool."