Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am thankful that this little man decided to potty train himself on Sunday. Whaaat? It's really shocking to me. I have tried a couple of times to start the potty training process with him and he just wasn't ready. I would say, "Micah, you know what we need to do? We need to start tee teeing in the potty every time!!" To which he'd reply: "I already did!" Clearly he didn't get it. Well, Sunday we were out of diapers by accident and I just left him in pjs for a while without one and voila!!! I don't know if he was just "ready" or if changing the "prize" to marshmallows was the trick. At one point he said, "I wuv marshamyows.". And boy does he. So, since Sunday we have had ONE accident. Seriously. Shocking. He has been to the potty at school, church, Chick-fil-A, work, the community center, etc. etc. AND he doesn't even have to go with me necessarily...BONUS. Ah-mazing. The Lord knew I needed that this week.

SO THANKFUL!!

Sporting the "big boys" and cowboy boots. They clearly go together.
I could have another good cry about how grown up he looks in this picture. Man, where did the time go?

I love this. I think it's hilarious.

4 comments:

Demetrius and Amy said...

i am dying at the middle picture of him. he looks JUST like hudson but a little more "sturdy."

congrats on a brief break without diapers!

black tag diaries said...

these pictures are cracking me up morgan! congrats on the potty training:)

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Love this post!!

Danelle said...

what a little underwear model. haha! he is such a stud! look out mama, gonna be teaching him how NOT to break girls heart soon enough. :)

on another note, you SOOO blessed my heart on Saturday at the brunch. wow. you have a gift in speaking. You should really consider how the Lord can use you in that area. I love you and miss doing life with you!!!