Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Family Traditions







Christmas was so heart-warming this year! It was so great to share it with our children and to begin our own family traditions. I have compiled a list of traditions from this year that I would like to continue...and a list that I would like to trash : ) Enjoy.
Traditions we hope to keep:
* Choosing and cutting our own Christmas tree on Thanksgiving day. Thanks Stinson Christmas Tree Farm (and Jerry)!! We LOVED our tree and LOVED the experience!
* Visiting the Live Nativity here in Mobile. It made for a great opportunity to share the true meaning of Christmas.
* Opening matching PJs on Christmas Eve.
* Eating a breakfast for dinner meal together as a family on Christmas Eve.
* Matt reading the Christmas story to the kids and me on Christmas Eve (man, I guess a lot of these are Christmas eve traditions)
* Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus on Christmas Morning
* The kids receive 3 gifts each on Christmas morning. This also created an awesome opportunity to explain the reason for gift-giving. Thank you Lord for sending Jesus!!
Traditions I hope to trash:
* Carrying that beautiful Christmas tree strapped to the top of our car down I-65 for 2 1/2 hours. For those of you that know me...I like to blend in. Definitely didn't blend that day.
* Making a mad dash to Old Navy ON Christmas Eve for those cute little matching PJs...seriously. Do I have to procrastinate?
* We will keep the Christmas story. We will not read the 7 page version from the Children's Bible storybook.
* Having to head back to Foodworld because we forgot syrup. Again, ON Christmas Eve.
Sidenote here...our Christmas Eve/Christmas Day were celebrated early because of traveling.

2 comments:

The Bowers said...

I read the last 2 posts aloud to Bradley. We laughed alot. Hope things are going well. Call us the next time you're home. Maybe we can get together one day.

Jennifer said...

I'd love to check out the Live Nativity...where was it at? And when?