Saturday, July 10, 2010

Six Years Together



Happy Anniversary to us! In May (I'm aware that is a very long time ago) we celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary. Can you believe that? The time has definitely gone by so fast...makes me feel a little old. Matt and I went to the beach together for THREE NIGHTS! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? It was ah mazing. When I was talking about the upcoming trip with a friend, she said, "Morgan! If ya'll want to go get ice cream at midnight, you CAN!". That's right! Can you tell that she has kids as well? It's the little things in life :) Really, though...when I was packing for the trip I had butterflies in my tummy. It felt like a date...and I am so thankful for that feeling. I think that is rare after 6 years to get that "butterfly in your tummy" feeling. It doesn't happen every day :), but it happened that day and I am thankful to God for growing our marriage.


It was a great weekend. While we were there we layed on the beach, by the pool, took naps, went out on dates, went to the movies (which we rarely do), browsed shops, read books, went for a run, etc. It was so relaxing and restoring. New family tradition, anyone?

I am thankful for Matt Spivey. He is an unselfish dad. I did not know that when I married him...it was a bonus. I hope that my sons will be dads like him. He is a gracious husband. He never gets mad if...um, when the house isn't clean : ) He also always went to pick up cookie dough for me when I was pregnant. Even though I had already gained a good 40 lbs. I appreciate that. He also always forgives when I ask...I learn so much from him in this respect. I wish I could be more like that...and I pray that many, many years of marriage to him will make me more like that. So, horray for anniversaries!! These have been wonderful six years.

4 comments:

danielle said...

Happy Anniversary you 2! I'm so glad you got away together to celebrate.

Keri said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful story!

Demetrius and Amy said...

So sweet. Cute pictures. How fun that you got to spend great time ALONE together. What a gift!

Congrats on 6 years! Can you imagine how great the rest will be? Lots to look forward to my friend...

Merrill said...

yep. I know what ya'll did on your trip. Uh huh. C'mon Morgan.