Saturday, October 9, 2010

He's Growing Up

He loves to build things. He loves to read. This is at the gym and there are a host of different toys. He chose to read.


Hudson is growing up so fast. It makes my heart swell and makes me a little teary all at the same time. I looked at him the other night and I just couldn't believe that my child will be FOUR in December. That blows my mind. I was telling another parent that I am quite confident that we are messing him up in some way but I just don't know how.

Here are a few more Hudosn convos.
H: "Mommy, are these new pants?"
M: "Yeah, bud."
H: "Oooh, these are cozy." This was about new windpants...he thought the lining was great!
H: "No, Micah! You're gonna wip it!"
M: "Wip it?"
H: "No! Wiiiip it."
M: "Wip it?"
H: "Wwwwiiiiiipppp it."
M: "Wip it?"
H: "No, mommy. He's gonna tear it."
Bahahaha! I love that he says it incorrectly but he tried to correct me. It was really funny...I'm probably a mean mom for having this conversation but it was hilarious.
H: "Mommy, is this a good one to write on my heart?"
This melted my heart! We are working on memorizing scripture and Hudson took his little cards and picked one out and asked me if it was a good one to write on his heart. LOVE IT! Hudson, when you read this in years to come, I pray that you will have a deep love for God's Word and that He will have written many, many verses on your heart!
Here are a few words that Hudson says incorrectly that I love and want to remember:
  • "hanitizer"- hand sanitizer
  • "check mix"- chex mix
  • "lellow"- yellow
  • "exersketch"- etch-a-sketch



3 comments:

danielle said...

I absolutely cannot believe he will be 4. I know he has to be so grown up from when I saw him over a year ago. He is so cute!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

CUTE!!! Love the conversation about "wip", love the incorrect words, and absolutely love the story about Scripture memory. And I think the reason he chose to read at the gym was so he could sit next that little girl. ;)

Keri said...

Oh my... these are so cute! The wip it conversation, I couldn't stop laughing!!

You are raising two magnificent children.