Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I have seen several friends blog on Thursdays about a few things that they are thankful for. Don't think that I'll have the discipline to do this every week...we can all see that I lack in the blogging department. But, I do want to do it this Thursday. Yesterday we found out that our van needs a new transmission...yikes! Not a good day. Do you ever find it hard to be thankful when things aren't going as planned? I do. And I really do want to cultivate an attitude of trust that comes from deep within my heart. Something I'm convinced of. So, today I want to jot down a few things that I am thankful for. We have van issues, but there is MUCH to thank God for. Here are a few things I am thankful for today:
  • My relationship with God. And my Church family...I have been so nourished in this church. Matt and I have been a part of this family for six and a half years. And it is truly a family away from our own family.
  • My family. I have a husband who is very gracious and loving, and two boys that are the sweetest ever...and I get to be with them every day. For that, I am very thankful.
  • A new job. The Lord gave me a new part-time job, which I love. I can work from my home, mostly when my boys are napping. I'm so thankful. It was an answer to prayer.
  • My van. This is silly, I know. But I think that today is a great day to remind myself that the Lord gave us that van...it was a blessing from Him. And today I am remembering that the same God that gave us that van is providing for the new transmission.

I hope you are all having an awesome day...and I pray that we can all take time to thank God, the giver of all things good, for the many blessings in our lives!

3 comments:

black tag diaries said...

love this morgan... such a great reminder.

Keri said...

So good to always count your blessings. So many times I feel the devil trying to steal my joy. It is hard sometimes to get out of that pit when things aren't going as planned. Each day I remind myself, God has given us the strength to make it through each day. :) Love you.

Katie said...

Love catching up through your blog- but we need to do it on the phone more often! What's your new job?