Thursday, February 25, 2010

Big Boy





We went today for Hudson's 3 year check-up (a bit late). The doctor confirmed that he is still big for his age. He is 39 inches tall and weighs 36 lbs. and 6 ounces. He is in the 90th percentile for height and the 75th for weight. I really thought he would have been a little lower in weight because to me he looks so long and skinny, but I guess he's still keeping up in the weight department as well. Today was also "school picture" day. Hudson is such a quirky little kid. He was scared of the man taking pictures and I had to work really hard to keep him calm...then at the doctor he had to get a "poke". Man, that was a treat. I used to think that if he would just reach the age that I could explain it to him before he had to get a shot that everything would go much more smoothly. Boy was I wrong! He's a smart kid and knew that something was up, so he kept asking me, "Am I through, mommy? Is that all?". I had changed the subject SEVERAL times to avoid the question. Finally I told him that he was going to have to get a little "poke" and that it would be all finished. BIG MISTAKE. Ten minute conversation ensues...complete with praying with him for God to help him not be scared. Man, I was exhausted. After we finished praying and talking about the fact that God is always with us, I said, "See. Isn't that great?". To which he replied, "No! It's not great!". Ok, then. On with the poke. (I'll blog next about Micah's poke...what a fun day).
We are all done now and Hudson is napping. He really is a joy...and I am so sad that he's growing up so fast. I want it to all slow down. I love his big blue eyes...I could just squeeze him.





No comments: