Monday, February 22, 2010

I Love this Kid

He is so grown up! Here are some of the latest Hudson funnies.

Setting: I had just taken a shower and was putting my robe on.
H: "Why you tie that?"
M: "Cause that's how it stays on."
H: "Ooh. That's pretty, mommy. You look like a princess..."
Could he melt my heart any more? Soooo sweet! I immediately went to the cabinet and gave him a piece of chocolate. Just kidding :)

H: "Happy Balentines!" (handing me a balloon, chocolate, and present)
M: "Thanks, buddy!! I loooove it!"
H: "We can share..." (with the biggest grin ever on his face)
Matt said it was hilarious when he took him to the store. The first thing he wanted to buy me was a ball. I guess he had sharing on his mind then!

Background: We call Hudson's underwear "big boys". I think it started when we called them "big boy underwear" as we were potty training him. Somehow "big boys" is what stuck.
H: (early morning) "Taylor don't have big boys."
M: "Oh, really?"
H: "Naw, he wear gwirl pannies."
First of all, EVERYONE is a He...even though his friend Taylor is a SHE. Hilarious! We have had to tell Hudson and Taylor that pottying is private and we don't go together, but apparantly before that convo happened he noticed that Tay does not wear "big boys"...whaaaat? Too funny. Pretty sure I'll share that one at his wedding rehearsal.

Another Taylor story...we were all at the table eating lunch.
T: (trying to get in her chair)
H: "I help you."
T: "I do it by myself."
H: " You're a big boy!" (he totally meant this as a compliment for getting in her chair!)
T: "No, I a big girl."
H: "You're a big boy."
M: "No, Hudson, Taylor's a big girl. She's not a boy."
H: "Daddy's a big, big, BIG boy."
M: "Yep. Got it now."

Last one...you're probably bored. But I will read these for years to come :)
Last night Hudson needed a bandaid and Matt thought we were out. I told him we had some and went to get it.
M: "Here you go, buddy."
H: "Tank you, mommy. You're a good finder."
Sweet....nothing like the way a 3 year old compliments :)

2 comments:

The Bowers said...

Bradley and I laugh out loud at your Hudson stories...hilarious.

Donna said...

Okay, you know how to make grandparents pine even more than we already do!! I love the way you spell Hudson's words because I can just hear him saying those things. Oh, and BTW, we think you are a princess, too!