Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sweet Hudson


There have been some really sweet conversations with Hudson lately that I just had to post! First off, here is how the conversation went last night while I was giving him and Micah a bath:

Me: "Hudson, do you remember any of those memory verses we asked God to write on your heart? It's been a long time since we talked about those."

H: "I don't know. Its been a weealy long time. I member em though." (We proceed to review his verses)

H: "You know how I can member those?"

Me: "How?"

H: "Wull, if you want God to be in yur heart, you just ask Him to come into yur heart...and then He weeul (will)."

M: "That's right."

H: "And theeun (then), when you don't want Him to be in yur heart anymore, somebody else asks Him to be in theyur heart. (Smiling really big...)...and He'll go be in theyur heart."

M: "Well, actually Hudson, God can be in lots of people's hearts at the same time."

H: (thinking really hard about this one) "How?"

M: "That's just one of those things that we can't really understand about God...but He does. He can be in my heart and daddy's heart, and your heart & Micah's heart all at the same time."

H: (deep in thought again) "Maybe cuz He's so powerful!"

M: "Yeah."

H: "Hey, listen to this siren sound I can make."

I think this is so Hilarious!!! The fact that he thought God being in your heart was totally literal, and therefore God could clearly only be in one heart at a time...and so bounced around. It was a priceless conversation. It was also priceless how it ended just as quickly as he started...one minute we're talking about God in our heart and the next we're making siren noises with our mouth. He's a funny little kid.

A few weeks ago I heard Micah and Hudson talking in the other room. This is how it went:

Me: "Boys, put your shoes on, it's time to take Hudson to school."

Micah: "Aaaaawwwwww."

H: "Micah, I've gotta go to school. (pauses) Cause I gotta pay our money."

Me: "What?"

H: "I told Micah, I've gotta go to school so I can pay our money. (I'm still looking confused)...Like daddy."


Hahaha....he was just telling Micah the same thing he thought Matt tells him...except Matt goes to school to get paid...not to pay his money. Lol. Hudson loves his daddy and wants to be just like him. Hilarious. Little worker.

3 comments:

Danelle said...

I love this! great Hudsonisms!! Miss you guys!

Keri said...

Too cute!

Amy said...

love it!!! these are some of these sweetest times to watch them begin to wrap their little heads around life.