Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Ugly Heart

I think Micah is handling the broken leg better than I am.
My heart is so ugly.  I feel very un-thankful.  I am, by nature, a worrier.  
I can think of lists upon lists of things to worry about.  I know that the Lord says in His Word to not worry about tomorrow...and I can understand why.  And yet, I worry.  I worry about Matt going back to work next week.  How will I keep it all together?  I worry about my oldest little man starting kindergarten.  I worry that Micah won't be ready to start school and that he'll be sad.  I worry about my milk supply and the fact that Lily won't take a bottle.  It goes on, and on, and on...and it's exhausting.  
So, today, I am going to try my hardest to rest in Jesus and still my mind. 
 I need to grow in thankfulness.  I am ashamed at my perspective when I see others all around me with greater needs than my own.  
A dear friend just lost her mother to cancer.  I see kids in the clinic that have chronic conditions.  I am reminded of a friend that has a child Micah's age in a wheelchair all the time.  And I'm ashamed.  
Praying today that God would give me the gift of thankfulness.


On another note, here is the sweet little man that starts kindergarten in a couple of weeks.  I almost can't handle it, he's so cute.  I told him the other day that I thought we'd call the school and tell them that mommy's not ready for him to start this year.  He just giggled.  I can't believe it's that time.  
 Little cutie.  I love this boy. 

2 comments:

Jennifer McShea said...

Well, I say broken leg OR wheelchair...both were not a part of how God initially created this world to be so don't be too hard on yourself...your simply being reminded of the longing we have for redemption and Heaven! I'll pray He stills your heart and that He brings peace and even joy as you take your eyes off this world and gaze on Him.

danielle said...

Sweet Morgan, I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I definitely relate to worrying and will be praying for you my friend.