Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Here We Go Again


 
I am starting to resign myself to the fact that my boys are gonna be ALL boy...and they're gonna break bones.  Sigh.  Micah took a little tumble on Saturday night- somehow jumping over or falling off of a chair.  We thought he was fine but he kept favoring it and crying anytime he fell- which, let's be honest, is a LOT with a rambunctious little 3 year old.  So we took him for an x-ray and he had a small buckle fracture...so, here we are.  Broken bone #2!!  He chose a cute little orange cast after we left the pumkin patch : ) 
 Here he is sitting patiently while they wrap the cast...
 Here he's a little less enthusiastic. He said he "wants it off".  Sad : (
We got home, let everyone sign it (waaaay fun), and put on his "Tough Guy" PJs, and he was feeling very tough.  He's so stinking cute. 
He is handling it pretty well...it looks like we'll only have to wear the cast for about 3 weeks.  I'm hoping that this is not a sign of the way my life is going to be!!  The Dr. assures me that his bones don't look weak, but that he is just a hard core little boy.  Let's hope he's right!  At this point, I feel sure that DHR is gonna pay me a visit.  Maybe I should be cleaning my house right now : )


No comments: