Thursday, October 6, 2011

College

I love this little kid. He is funny. He always keeps me on my toes because he has a billion questions and his mind never stops. We've had a funny conversation lately that has progressed and I just had to get it down to remember. Enjoy.

Part 1: (At the dinner table)

Hudson: "I'm ready to go to college..." - (He is saying this because Andy from Toy Story goes to college)
Me: "Ok. Well, can I drive you to college?"
H: Nodding like I'm an idiot, "Yeah.".
Me: "Can I pack your lunch??"
H: Again, acting like I'm losing it, "Sure. Do whatever you want." Looks at me like, 'Who else would pack my lunch?"
Me: "Can we put that in writing?"
H: Laughs hysterically though he really has no idea why it's funny.

Part 2: (Days later at the lunch table)
Hudson: "What school will I go to after college?"
Me: "Well, after college you get a job. Like, daddy chose to be a teacher after college, and Uncle Mark chose to be a banker. So, you decide what you want to be and get a job."
Hudson: Thinks intently. He has no words.

Part 3: (Atleast a week later)
Setting: Yesterday morning my van was having issues and I wasn't sure if I should drive it so I called the mechanic and they sent a tow truck to our house just to be safe. This was the ABSOLUTE coolest thing to two little boys! (it wasn't the coolest thing to their mommy, but nonetheless) They were enthralled as they watched the tow truck back into our yard.

Hudson: Smiling the cutest little smile, "Hey, mommy. You know what I wanna do affer college??"
Me: "What, buddy?"
H: Cute little grin, points to the tow truck.

Bahahaha! He has decided that he'll drive a tow truck after college. Hilarious. Boys are so so funny. It was great comic relief for my day.