Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Living Water

Do you ever hear someone speak so rightly about God that it resonates with your soul? This interview did that for me. The two pastors are David Platt (the pastor from Birmingham that I told you about) and John Piper. Amazing interview. I am shocked at how young Platt is.





It's such a great reminder...makes me think about what the Lord could do with my life. I could live a middle-class American lifestyle and I could be the soccer mom and spend all of my days dreaming about how to re-decorate my house. I PRAY that I do not only spend my life on these things. I pray that at the end of my life I will have invested it in lives for eternity. I so much want to live my life in a way that shows my treasure is in heaven and not here on earth. I want people to look at the way I live and know that I believe in an eternity with my Lord...I don't want them to think that this is it. It is so hard to live like this is not the end...our culture screams at us to milk our lives for everything they are worth and look for every comfort imaginable because this is the end. I want my life to look different. Lord, give me the strength for it to be different.





So take a look at the interview if you're interested. These men love the Word of God. It's inspiring and challenging.





http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/john-piper-interviews-david-platt

No comments: