Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Please Pray



Remember me telling you a while back that Matt is changing jobs this year? Well, school has begun this week and it is off to a rough start. We knew it wouldn't be easy, but it is evident that it's gonna be really hard. The above pic is of a few girls that committed to a Bible Study with me in the month of July. It was amazing. God is at work, and we know without any doubts that He has called Matt to that middle school. Would you pray with us? Pray that God's presence would surround Matt as he teaches...as he steps out of his comfort zone? Would you pray that hearts would be moved by the Gospel? Would you pray specifically that today some of the kids in his class will come to our Bible Club at the Community center? Would you pray that they would see a difference in the way Matt relates to them? That God would receive glory and that they would see Jesus? I know with everything in me that the Gospel changes everything. It changed me. It changed Matt. It changes lives and changes communities. Pray with us, please, that the Gospel would rule in his classroom and that there would be seventh graders that give their lives over to Jesus...and that generations would be changed. I believe it can happen. And you can also pray for these girls (many of whom go to that school), that the Gospel that they heard this summer would take root in their hearts. I love those girls.


2 comments:

Amy said...

praying friend!!!

Ashley said...

i love those girls too! Please know that I pray for continuously for you all and the work the Lord has called you to in the Gardens. A piece of my heart will always be there.